Friday, September 11, 2009

Acidity Test Results

Jimbo (Chief Intern) spent the better part of the Friday morning measuring urinal cakes.  I think the gas mask he was wearing made his work go slower.  But it was a requirement from the rule book.  So without further ado, here are the results:

Wayne:
 - original cake size: 7.8 oz
 - final cake size: 6.5 oz
 - total change: 1.3 oz
 - Strategy: Black Coffee!!!

Ben:
 - original cake size: 8 oz
 - final cake size: 7.1 oz
 - total change: 0.9 oz
 - Stategy: Mountain Dew (banking on the potency of yellow 5)

Shaun:
- original cake size: 7.6 oz
- final cake size: 4.0 oz
- total change: 3.6 oz
- Stategy: Flat out cheating and lots of Coke (it can clean an engine right?)
- Reason for Disqualification: Intern was caught rubbing the urinal cake against the urinal to wear down the exterior of the cake.

Roger:
 - original cake size: 7.9 oz
 - final cake size: 5.8 oz
 - total change: 2.1 oz
 - Strategy: Shear amount of coffee. 

Dave:
 - original cake size: 8.1 oz
 - final cake size: 7.6 oz
 - total change: 0.5 oz
 - Strategy: Lots of any fluid

Myself:
 - original cake size: 7.9 oz
 - final cake size: 6.9 oz
 - total change: 1 oz
 - Strategy: Coffee for breakfast, Dr. Pepper for lunch, Water from then on so I could sleep at night.

So Roger won easily.  I believe Roger drinks on average 15 cups of coffee on a regular basis. He picked it up for this event. I'm not sure exactly what he got it up to. But I think at the hieght of the competition we were going through a can of coffee a day. 

It reminds me of the joke, you can tell a real smoker by the number of lighters they go through in a day. 

Straight black coffee seems to be the victor.  Although I wish Shaun wouldn't have cheated.  He really messed up the scientific results.  I would have liked to have had a solid soda variable in the test.  I watered my urine down to much at night just so that I could sleep.  I need my eight hours.  And then another 10 at night. 

Prizes:
Roger took Jimbo as his personal intern.  Jim seems to be the only intern that can take constant ridicule.  For crying out loud he wore the Chiquita Banana costume to a video conference call!  I have to admit it was pretty hilarious.  Jimbo was hidden but not around the conference table as we had a video conference call with HQ.  A big dog from HQ was giving a presentation on benefit changes.  You could tell exactly when he could see Jim.  Props to the VP, he didn't even ask what the hell was going on.  He just put on his corporate smile and kept plugging away.
For second place, Wayne earned a razor.  Not as anything related to the contest.  He just has a discusting mustache that needs to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment